Sunday, June 28, 2009

La Cornue .... La Amour!


The Williams-Sonoma at Southpoint in Durham, NC has one of these beauties by the French company La Cornue in their window... a deep burgundy, double version that is twice this size, with glowing brass hardware. It was love at first sight. I have never been so in awe at the craftsmanship and sheer beauty of an oven! As a lover of interior design, to me this would be the shining star of any kitchen. As as a lover of cooking, I don't think I'd mind using it either ;o)

Upon reading about La Cornue and their ranges, I was amazed to find out that each one is meticulously crafted by hand by one individual. WOW. I think if I ever see the day I own one of these... (they range anywhere from $8500-$40,000) whenever moved I would take it with me to my next house, and the next...and the next. We would never part. They are available in a variety of gorgeous enamel finishes. How on earth could you decide on a color?

No comments:

Post a Comment